Monday, May 30, 2011

Life & the pursuit of happiness

Sometimes God puts certain people and things in your life to basically give you a wakeup call. Ever had one of those moments? Yeah, well, it's happening to me right now. It's been happening for the past few weeks. It's like God is saying, "Lauren, WAKE UUUUUUUUUUUP." over and over and I keep hitting the snooze button on my God-alarm clock. But I think it's time to hit stop, wake up, and actually do something. Starting this week, I'm going on a detox. Mind, body, and spirit. I'm ridding myself of the negatives and welcoming the positives. I'm even going on a cleanse. The whole shabang.

List of negatives:

- Less dependence, more independence
- No negativity towards myself
- Stop eating 'toxic'/negative things.
- Get rid of negative people
- Appreciate my surroundings, nature, love, life, parents, animals, friends, everything more.

I'm sure this list will grow.

List of positives:

- Embrace who I am as a woman.
- Love the beauty of myself mind, body, and spirit.
- and more?

Meh. It's a start. I'm going to start blogging more. Not for the readers necessarily, but moreso for myself. I'm on a journey and I need to document it so I can look back and say, "Wow, I've come a long way."

I encourage you all to do something positive for yourself! Don't let silly little things or major scary things hold you back. Go for it. Go for your dreams, because more than likely you'll achieve them.

With love,
Lauren Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment