Sunday, April 17, 2011

Perfection

Hey Hey Hey!  This is Drake, and I've missed you all immensely.  I hope that all has been well for you and that your life has been filled with wonder, excitement, and sheer bliss.  It feels like I've been away from here for so long, and although Lauren didn't specifically ask me to write the blog for today, I wanted to share a few thoughts and help her out because she has a shoot booked.  I'm so proud of her as always, and I can't even find the words to say what an inspiration she continues to be.  She's actually asleep right now, and, because of a caffeine overload I'm finding some much needed time for my newest book tonight and have stumbled upon a few thoughts that I trust might give you a little more heart and a lot more peace.  You know, I have to be honest and say that these past few weeks away have been a sort of whirlwind.  With book deadlines and the second edit of my draft for Between Worlds now quickly approaching, I must admit that it seems like I've been within my own mind every day, to the point that I feel I've missed so much around me.  It's so easy to do, you know?  I'm sure that you can relate.  Speaking only for myself, I've been both blessed and cursed with an analytical mind that feels the need to grasp every single detail of even the most insignificant thoughts, and I ask so many questions about life, love, and emotion that I sometimes forget to live.  I don't want you to do that.  I want you to enjoy the moments that come so naturally and take time to let those around you know how much they truly mean to you.  Sometimes, we spend so much time dwelling on the details that we miss the entire process of the journey around us, and that is tragic.  Today, wherever you may find yourself, remember that your life is a very beautiful gift and that there's no need to stress over details.  Everything is in perfect balance and harmony, all zen like, and things have a way of working themselves out for the best.  I truly believe that.  Today I was thinking back to the whirlwind that has been life these past ten months.  I look at the wonderful blessings, the most significant being the fact that Lauren Ashley decided to love me, of course, and I also notice the seemingly insurmountable odds that we've already overcome.  I have no words to describe to you how overwhelmed I sometimes feel as I ponder the beauty of it all.  It's perfect.  This entire life experience that we all share while here is more beautiful than anything else.  We search for ourselves.  We search for love.  We experience pain and heartbreak.  We experience amazing love, and throughout all of the above we ultimately find ourselves in the midst of the process.  That's where we are.  We are in the now.  The present.  This great gift of time.  I hope that you take a moment today to remember where you've come from, see the bright future ahead of you, and also, at the same time, embrace the now.  Your perfection and the sheer beauty of the journey around you will ultimately make itself known, even when you feel too self-absorbed to notice the wonderful details of life.  Beauty and perfection will always make themselves known.  Remember that today.  Grab a cup of coffee.  Write a note.  Enjoy music.  Tell someone you love them.  Enjoy all of the above.  Rinse.  Repeat.

We love you, and we're so proud of what you're continuing to become!  You're the best of it all!

D

No comments:

Post a Comment